1. John Packard called the meeting to order at
A. Meeting was duly posted.
2. Roll call:
A. In attendance were John Packard, Mike Sarton, Dawn Schiefelbein and John DeBaere. Penny Wagner, Lynn Wesolek and Alice Winn are excused.
3. Agenda Approval:
A. Mike Sarton moves to approve the agenda with the change . John D. seconds the motion.
B. Motion carries 4-0-0
4. Approval of Minutes of
A. Mike moves to accept the minutes. John D. seconds the motion.
B. Motion carries 4-0-0.
5. Public Comment
6. Old Business
A. Man hour log was passed around to members to fill in their time.
1) Park is fully seeded and covered with straw.
2) Four trees were planted and won’t need to be watered anymore this year.
3) Trash has been picked up and hauled away.
4) Mike is working on documents and drawings for a DNR permit to clean up the waterway.
1) The park has been weeded and groomed.
2) Plants were moved to accommodate new Town sign.
3) Moved ‘Peterson’ sign to SW corner of the park.
D. DLNT Trail Visit
1) Workday to hike the trail scheduled for Oct 23 at .
2) Meet at
E. Noxious Weeds Subcommittee update
1) John P. has the revised copy of the Ordinance and will forward to Dawn when he is done making his changes.
F. Property Owner shed on SW corner of
1) Attny. Nick Simon got no response to his Sept. 3 letter to owner Robert Schnorenberg.
2) Owner has 30 days to comply with current letter or is in violation and will receive penalties.
3) Owner phoned the Attny. with a request to have a lotline adjustment of 480sq.ft., which is 4% of park area, deeded over to him to allow him to keep his shed where it is .
4) Discussion on pros and cons of reducing the park size to accommodate neighbor’s request to adjust the park lotline.
5) Sense vote was taken:
a.All in favor of an equitable lot line adjustment.
b.Tie vote of 2-0-2
7. New Business:
A. WI DNR Start-up Grant application for
a. The grant went out last week to DNR for approval.
b. Have full support from DNR in our efforts.
c. Can apply for a grant for the next two years.
d. Cannot be reimbursed for what was spent on the park to date.
B. Treasurers Report
1) Report was reviewed and noted that there was no credit from Dunn Lumber for unused lumber and nails leftover from the DLNT project.
2) Scott Sponholz gave the materials to the Town.
3) Mike will check into this.
4) John P. moves to approve the Treasurers report. Mike seconds the motion.
5) Motion carries 4-0-0
C. 2011 Park Budget
1) Reviewed where money was spent in 2010 for
2) Discussed possible plans to best utilize monies for 2011.
3) Discussed combining the two Park budget categories into one.
4) John P. moves to request a total 2011 budget of $6,500:
a. $3,250 for DLNT
b. $3,250 for Park Board
5) John D. seconds the motion.
6) Carries 4-0-0
8. Directive to Town Board
A. Workdays scheduled
B. Proposed Budget – Inquire about combining categories.
9. Confirm next meeting date
10. Report by Park Commission Chair: John Packard
A. John P. spoke to Ed Yaeger about his qualifications for, and interest in, becoming a Park Board member in the future.
11. Meeting Adjournment
A. Mike moves to adjourn the meeting at . John D. seconds the motion.
B. Motion carries 4-0-0.