Selected Meeting Minutes
Town Board Meeting Minutes
Dec 12, 2005
TOWN OF GENEVA
MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
DECEMBER 12, 2005
Pledge of Allegiance. Chairman Kopecky called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. In attendance were Kopecky, Supervisors Van Lue, McLernon, Loomer, Cramer, and Attorney Torhorst. Clerk/Treasurer Kirch took the minutes of the meeting. Motion (Loomer/Cramer) to approve the November 14 and 28, 2005 meeting minutes. Approved 5-0. Motion (Van Lue/McLernon) to approve the Treasurer’s Report as presented. Approved 5-0. Balances reported as of November 30, 2005:
ASSETS NOVEMBER 2005
10003 LGIP Savings 339,341.05 Total Income 2,621,051.52
10005 Tax Checking Account 4,358.82 Total Expense 2,813,411.28
10007 Money Market Account 265,234.90 Net Income -192,359.76
10009 Boat Launch Project Ckg Acct 30,938.66
1100-50000241 Regular Checking 146,013.43
Total Checking/Savings 785,886.86
Chairman Kopecky gave the Town of Geneva Planning Commission Report –
· Tom Gangus – Rezone Schofield Road – Has requested to be tabled until the January meeting.
· Roger Wolff – Preliminary Plat for Maple Tree Farms which is located off of Kelly Road, zoned R-5. There will be six homes on the site. Roger said he has recorded a restrictive covenant on the property. A homeowner’s association and architectural review board was also formed. Roads and detention ponds will be addressed on the Final Plat. Frontage on the cul-de-sac will be increased to 50’ for 2 lots. Motion (McLernon/Loomer) to recommend to the County acceptance of the Preliminary Plat for Maple Tree Farms with two stipulations: 1) Subject to final review and recommendations by the Town Engineer, Baxter & Woodman, 2) Subject to the requirement of paying impact fees, if adopted by the Town, pending outcome of an analysis. Approved 5-0. Van Lue to write letter to the County.
· Bruce Gebert – Springfield Road – Rezone – Current zoning A-2, requested zoning R-1. The property is 46.8 acres, and there will be 21 lots with well and mound systems. There will be two entrances to the subdivision, which will be called Springfield Highlands. The plan is to build 21 homes with a density of 2.23 acres per lot. There are 3 proposed outlots for storm water management areas which will be 8 acres. Roads will be built to Town specs and dedicated upon completion. Bruce will build 3 spec homes on Lots 2, 20, and 21. Bruce plans to get together with the neighbors and show them the plans and address any concerns before the next Plan Commission meeting. Bruce will build all the homes and will be involved in all phases of the subdivision. Decision at the December 19, 2005 meeting.
· Lowell Sweet – He will be presenting a Certified Survey Map for Bob Fettig N2425 Main Road. Three parcels will be combined into one parcel. Most of this land is in the Town of Linn. The Town of Geneva property is a small triangle located on Highway 50. The current zoning is C-2. There will be one home on the property after the map is approved. There are two driveways on the property. One will be used for emergency vehicles only. Question was asked if the request is approved, will the land remain in the Town of Geneva. Yes, land will remain in the Town of Geneva.
· Dorian & Ryan Foley N2516 Bublitz Road – Rezone – Current zoning R-1, requested zoning B-2. They are requesting to rezone 2 frontage lots for parking for Foley’s restaurant. The use for the new parking lot would be for overflow parking only. There are complaints about their customers using Chapin Road for parking cars when the current lot is full. House would be buffered from parking lot with trees. Two neighbors spoke against the request, and one for the request. Decision at December 19, 2005 meeting.
· John Clair – Representing Robert Harring for a Preliminary Plat for a subdivision located on Hickory Lane, which is off of Williams Street. Current zoning is R-1 and there will be 7 lots on 12 acres. The subdivision will be called Hickory Estates Subdivision. The property was perked for well and septic systems. This property is adjacent to the Oak Hill Cemetery. The plans are consistent with the adjacent properties in terms of size. There is no rezone on this property. Concern with the 66’ radius of the cul-de-sac. Town recommends 120’ radius. Motion (Loomer/Cramer) to recommend to the County and City of Lake Geneva approval of the Preliminary Plat as presented for Hickory Estates Subdivision subject to the same two stipulations: 1) Subject to final review and recommendations by the Town Engineer, Baxter & Woodman, 2) Subject to the requirement of paying impact fees, if adopted by the Town, pending outcome of an analysis. Approved 5-0. Van Lue to write letter to the County, City of Lake Geneva, Attorney Clair, and Barney Brugger.
· Alex Smith has concern about Elkhorn and the County not approving his plan for a septic system.
· Kurt Wagner W3760 South Shore Drive has a concern about the Tom Gangus Rezone.
Kopecky gave the monthly Municipal Court report. Gross Receipts for November = $26,485.98; Adjusted Gross Receipts for November = $18,377.35; Net Receipts to the Town after all expenses = $9,599.61. For Month: Payments – 207, Citations – 467, Final Disposition – 252.
One condition placed on Maple Tree Farms was a deadline of January 12, 2006 for final plat recording. Roger Wolff has filed a deed restriction for the six lots. Motion (McLernon/Van Lue) to recommend to the County that the Conditional Use Permit for Maple Tree Farms be amended to extend the deadline for the final plat filing until May 12, 2006. Approved 5-0. Van Lue to write letter to the County and Roger Wolff.
Kopecky reviewed the Audit Understanding of Services and Performance of Nonattest Services documents provided by Pat Romenesko. Motion (Loomer/Cramer) to enter into the audit request and understanding of services with Pat Romenesko. Approved 5-0.
President Van Lue reported on the November 16 meeting of the Lake Como Sanitary District. Hank Kozubal W4090 Woodland had sewer backup into his basement. He said this was a result of work being done on the force main. Tabled until December meeting where Hank will provide more estimates. Public hearing held on the 2006 budget. Discussed raising the rates and fees as proposed by the accountant at the October meeting. Approved resolution adopting a budget for 2006. Resolution 2005-11-1 adopted levying special assessments on parcels benefiting from the sewer extension on Narcissus Road. Public hearing on this next month. Approved motion to decline the proposals for doing any landscaping at L.S. #1. Postponed doing any landscaping on Violet Road until next year. Uniform Committee report tabled until December meeting. WRWA will be scheduling date to develop our Vulnerability Assessment Report. Impellers replaced on both pumps at L.S. #1. Flowmeters checked, calibrated, and adjusted as needed for Well #1 and L.S. #4. Well #2 will be checked next year. Water and Sewer extension for Johnson’s Motel advertised for bids. Geneva Town Hall connected to sewer and water. Closed Session Action: Approved motion to authorized Cheryl and Mike Bridwell to proceed with work on the Theatre Road air release valve with Mann Brothers provided they remove from their proposal the provision that the District pay for Pat’s Sanitary or that the additional cost for that would still leave them the lowest bidder. If not, then proceed with next lowest bidder, Powers Lake Construction.
Carol McLernon gave the Park Commission report. Badger students will be making four signs for the Duck Lake Nature Trail. Bids received for tree removal at the park. Will have recommendations for corner and will ask for Board’s recommendations at the meeting scheduled for January 9, 2006 at 6:00 p.m. County already has ordinance addressing personal signs placed in the park.
Chief Rod Smith from the Elkhorn Fire Department reviewed coverage area for the Elkhorn Fire Department on a color-coded County map. Some boundaries were incorrect (boundary for Elkhorn is Queen Road, Williams Bay coverage area is too broad). Rod will have map corrected. Needs letter stating map is incorrect. Rod is meeting with Mark Luberda of Geneva National next month to try and reduce their ISO rating of 10. Board needs copies of percentages worked on by Rod and Deputy Clerk, Jody Cook.
Paul Zeller expressed his concerns over speed on Wildwood Drive. Board will talk to Hwy and Police Depts.
Kopecky met with Mesler and Boss. Revisions made to the contract draft given to Torhorst. Ten points addressed in letter. Various items to be modified on the contract. Mesler and Boss agreed they would accept Torhorst’s word that the revisions will be as discussed. Motion (Cramer/Loomer) that we enter into an agreement with Professional Building Inspections, Inc. for the building inspection services with the Town of Geneva. Approved 5-0. Torhorst will give notice to Independent Inspections.
Project updates provided by Rich Moen. Stormwater – Draft report will be ready very soon. Quarterly reports and claims for reimbursements will be submitted tomorrow. Report will highlight critical needs, structures and policies, prevention solving (not problem solving). More specifics and draft ordinance at the next meeting. Adjusted schedule as there was no spring water quality testing. Will hold a public meeting on critical needs and management recommendations. Sanitary Survey – Completed over a year ago. Final report not yet provided to the Town. Will finalize report and reimbursement request this week. Submitted two forms: Intent to Apply and Priority Evaluation Ranking Form. Need to fill out ITA every year. Boat Launch – Deck boards built that way for structural purposes. Getting statement from manufacturer. South Shore parking in. Randy to forward Rich picture of spaces being used (for the DNR). Wants ordinance that solidifies those parking spaces for the long term, along with signage. More info in January on possible future projects now that the boat launch is done. Launch fees need to be set. Total project cost was $330,000. $28,155.15 due from LCBPOA. South Shore boat launch in need of help. Would require dredging a channel to deeper area. DNR would look favorably on a grant for this. Invoice request 49034-8 over the contract amount. Should really have been a change order. Additional work required to put together the sanitary survey preliminary report and providing info on Interlaken. Motion (McLernon/Cramer) to pay the additional cost to produce and amplify the wastewater study for the South Shore. Approved 5-0.
Motion (McLernon/Loomer) to approve Phenco final pay request #6 for $13,521.46. Approved 5-0.
Motion (McLernon/Van Lue) to amend the 2005 budget Resolution #157. Approved 5-0.
Motion (Cramer/Loomer) to enter into an agreement with Geo. R. Breber Music Co. to do a sound system for the Town Hall for $2,995.
Torhorst discussed impact fees. Have engineer do a cost justification for what we need. Att. Sweet and CSM before the Planning Commission – two Townships on one CSM doesn’t affect taxing by each Township. There will be two tax bills. City of Lake Geneva Fire Ordinance is aimed at putting in sprinkler systems, etc. Torhorst recommends that this is not feasible for the Town of Geneva to enter into that ordinance.
Miscellaneous – Sign for Stone Ridge Subdivision
Motion (Loomer/McLernon) to adjourn. Approved 5‑0. Next meeting scheduled for January 9, 2006 at 7:00 p.m.
Supervisor McLernon Supervisor Cramer
Supervisor Van Lue Supervisor Loomer
Debra L. Kirch, CMC, Clerk/Treasurer
View all from:
Dec 12, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Nov 28, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Nov 14, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Oct 27, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Oct 10, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Sep 12, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Aug 16, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Aug 10, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Aug 08, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Aug 08, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Jul 18, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Jul 07, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Jun 30, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Jun 13, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Jun 08, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Jun 02, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
May 09, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Apr 25, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Apr 21, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Apr 20, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Apr 18, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Apr 13, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Apr 11, 2005 Annual Town Meeting Minutes
Apr 11, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Apr 04, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Mar 28, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Mar 18, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Mar 07, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Mar 07, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Feb 25, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Feb 14, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Feb 11, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Feb 09, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Jan 10, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes