MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
OCTOBER 10, 2005
Pledge of Allegiance. Chairman Kopecky called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. In attendance were Kopecky, Supervisors Van Lue, McLernon, Loomer, Cramer, and Attorney Torhorst. Clerk/Treasurer Kirch took the minutes of the meeting. Motion (Loomer/Cramer) to approve the September 12, 2005 meeting minutes. Approved 5-0. Motion (Van Lue/McLernon) to approve the Treasurer’s Report as presented. Approved 5-0. Balances reported as of September 30, 2005:
10003 LGIP Savings 337,306.31 Total Income 2,345,130.59
10005 Tax Checking Account 4,356.98 Total Expense 2,269,076.38
10007 Money Market Account 519,134.52 Net Income 76,054.21
10009 Boat Launch Project Ckg Acct 28,483.54
1100-50000241 Regular Checking 164,292.34
Chairman Kopecky gave the Town of
· Adil Neal Dzabiroski – Rezone – Current zoning A-1, requested zoning R-4 (multi-family). Joe stepped down from the Commission to present this request. The plans are to renovate the current building into four family units. The existing barn will be converted to four garages. To be owner-occupied rental units. Motion (Cramer/Loomer) to recommend to the County to approve the rezone from A-1 to R-4. Approved 4-0. Motion (Cramer/Loomer) to recommend to the County to approve the conditional use which is limited to four residential units. Any change in the conditional use must first come to the Town Board for approval. Approved 4-0. Van Lue to write letter to the County.
· Robert Bronisz – Rezone – Current zoning C-4, requested zoning R-2. There are three parcels that once were designated as wetlands. The parcels are located on
· Tom Gangus – Rezone – Current zoning A-1, requested zoning R-1. There are 2.5 acres and Mr. Gangus wants to create two parcels zoned R-1. Lot 1 will be 1.29 acres and
· Shirlee Bahn &
· Dan & Kelly Speckman N3105 Willow Road – 2 Variances – They want to replace an old fence with a vinyl fence on the property line, and they plan to build a deck across the front of the house. The request is because of setbacks and the property has a navigable waterway through it. A letter from the County dated August 17, 2005 was given to the Commission denying their request. Decision at October 24 meeting.
· October meeting changed to October 24, 2005.
Judge Letteney gave the monthly Municipal Court report. Gross Receipts for September = $23,451.11; Adjusted Gross Receipts for September = $15,664.94; Net Receipts to the Town after all expenses = $11,767.79. For Month: Payments – 189, Citations – 418, Final Disposition – 183.
President Van Lue reported on the September 21 meeting of the Lake Como Sanitary District. Public hearing held on the proposed special assessments to tax keys
Ray Norton from Independent Inspections hasn’t heard anything from LCSD regarding the report on cross connections that was sent. Statistics for previous year (Sept 04 – Sept – 05) 3,342 inspections done, 133 were commercial, 45% building, 25% electric, 15% HVAC, and 15% plumbing. Norton reported that the new policy for re-inspections began last year. Audrey Boss spoke on her and Joe Mesler’s plans for the Town. Attended Planning Commission meeting. Boss gave a short review of what they can provide to the Town. Boss has just passed her building certification, and stated that by February or March she will have all certifications. Dave Sturdevant reviewed his qualifications. Stated he never uses red tags. At inspection, list can be made on the job or call to the carpenter. Red tags do more harm, communication is the best thing. He cannot inspect commercial electric. Scott Lowell spoke in support of Independent Inspections. Kopecky has requested feedback from the Board. Kopecky has talked to other builders and recommends that other Board members do the same. Discussion on drainage analysis report and process discussed. Also how this report relates to driveways. No other applications are to be received. Board will schedule a closed session to discuss matter.
Larry Kulik of the Lake Geneva Fire Department presented certificate of appreciation to Chief Gritzner for the Police Department’s support on a daily basis to help them do their job. Round of applause given.
Reviewed sewer and water service agreement for the Town Hall. Motion (Cramer/McLernon) to enter into the agreement with the Lake Como Sanitary District to run sewer and water to the Town Hall for approximately $20,000. Approved 5-0. Randy provided two bids to the Board to hook up the Town Hall and put stubs to the garage.
Van Lue read letter from Michele Sherman regarding the burned home on
Tapco installation invoice presented. Flashing lights will be installed as soon as time issue is coordinated. Sandy Kulik will make sure Digger’s Hotline is called. Motion (Loomer/McLernon) to approve paying $429.50 (half of bill) for installation of the warning lights. Approved 5-0.
Request presented for vacating a portion of
Motion (McLernon/Van Lue) to approve the two Operator Licenses for Andrea Stricker and Kristin Torgerson. Approved 5-0.
Torhorst currently working on policies. Copies of
Motion (McLernon/Loomer) to adjourn. Approved 5‑0. Next meeting scheduled for November 14, 2005 at 7:00 p.m.
Supervisor McLernon Supervisor Cramer
Supervisor Van Lue Supervisor Loomer
Debra L. Kirch, CMC, Clerk/Treasurer