MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
SEPTEMBER 12, 2005
Pledge of Allegiance. Chairman Kopecky called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. In attendance were Kopecky, Supervisors Van Lue, McLernon, Loomer, and Cramer. Attorney Torhorst was excused. Clerk/Treasurer Kirch took the minutes of the meeting. Motion (Loomer/Cramer) to approve the August 8 (2), and 10, 2005 meeting minutes. Approved 5-0. Motion (McLernon/Van Lue) to approve the Treasurer’s Report as presented by Kirch. Approved 5-0. Balances reported as of August 31, 2005:
10003 LGIP Savings 336,334.63 Total Income 2,288,148.81
10005 Tax Checking Account 4,586.79 Total Expense 2,094,672.12
10007 Money Market Account 519,134.52 Net Income 193,476.69
10009 Boat Launch Project Ckg Acct 28,437.58
1100-50000241 Regular Checking 282,867.74
Willowbrook Subdivision located in City of
Chairman Kopecky gave the Town of
· Covenant Harbor
· Robert Bronisz – Rezone – Current zoning C-4, requested zoning R-2. There are three parcels that once were wetlands. The parcels have been reclassified by the DNR. Sign posted. Decision will be made at the September 26, 2005 Planning Commission meeting.
· The Lodge at Geneva Ridge (formerly known as Interlaken Resort & Country Spa) Highway 50 – Attorney John Maier will present the eight requests needed to accomplish the project. 1) Request for a text amendment to the ETZ Zoning Ordinance which would allow for a maximum height of 45 feet in the B-4, ETZ Zoning Districts, 2) Zoning map amendment to the ETZ Ordinance for the Lodge Condominium Hotel parcel from B-5 ETZ to B-4 ETZ, 3) Zoning map amendment to the County Shoreland Zoning Ordinance for the Lodge Hotel Parcel from B-5 to B-4, 4) Zoning map amendment to the ETZ Ordinance for parcel JG3200012 from its current B-1, ETZ District Zoning to B-5, ETZ District Zoning, 5) Request for approval of its certified survey map for a re-division of CSM #833, as well as unplatted lands, to create the Lodge Condominium Hotel parcel, 6) Request for a conditional use permit for the B-5/B-5 ETZ zoned areas on the project site, 7) Request for a conditional use permit for the Lodge Condominium Hotel parcel, 8) Approval of the Applicant’s preliminary condominium plat for the Lodge at Geneva Ridge. The western driveway needs to be shown as a 12’ paved access road for emergency and maintenance vehicles only with a gate. Resolution read by Kopecky. Motion (McLernon/Van Lue) to recommend to the County approval of Resolution #154, with the eight conditions as discussed for the Lodge at Geneva Ridge, based on approval of the driveway revision, a written agreement on the sewer connection for
· Adil Neal Dzabiroski – Rezone – Current zoning A-1, requested zoning R-4 (multi-family zoning). Neal plans to rezone 5 acres so Town homes can be built. The property is located on Highway 67. This property currently has a huge home on it, which was never completed. Joe stepped down from this request. The plans are to renovate the current building into four family units. The existing barn will remain for use as a garage. Will post a sign.
· Each Commission member given a copy of Resolution #153 that the Town signed with the County stating the Town will work with the County on a Smart Growth Plan if funding is available. If there is no funding, the Town will go with SEWRPC to form a Smart Growth Plan.
· Informational series on November 1 for the Comprehensive Planning Grant Program.
· Walworth County Code of Ordinances text amendments.
· Certified Survey Map for Robert & Maryellen Fettig.
· Z&M Real Estate N3309 Sycamore Road variance to create a buildable parcel.
Kopecky gave the monthly Municipal Court report. Gross Receipts for August = $23,559.87; Adjusted Gross Receipts for August = $16,539.80; Net Receipts to the Town after all expenses = $11,868.77. For Month: Payments – 197, Citations – 353, Final Disposition – 156.
President Van Lue reported on the August 17 meeting of the Lake Como Sanitary District. Illegal hookup to water system at
Pier application made by Bruno Caruso. He purchased property adjacent to boat launch site. Madeline Schroeder spoke against the pier application. Would be private pier, separate from Geneva National. No written agreement can be found relating to previous discussions of no piers in Geneva National. There is precedent for one pier. Motion (Cramer/McLernon) to direct Torhorst to work with Mr. Caruso on agreement limiting to one pier for the property and also getting agreement with the sellers of that property (Geneva National Property Owner’s Association) that will state that there will be no additional piers on any property in Geneva National. Approved 5-0. Mr. Caruso said he would agree to a deed restriction. Attorney Torhorst will contact Mr. Caruso.
Carol McLernon reported that there have been several complaints on the appearance of the park. Reminded everyone that this is year three of a five-year plan. Work continuing on the park. Carol asked for permission from the Board to solicit contractors for donations. Needs way to keep people from posting signs and driving on the land. Park Commission is responsible for watering the park. Invitations given for the Duck Lake Nature Trail event to be held October 8. Requested that Randy build a rustic bench. Brochures available for $3 each at Pesche’s, Handi-Mart, and Wild Birds Unlimited. Prizes for people who locate all of the leaves in the guide.
Motion (Loomer/Van Lue) to open the public hearing on the annexation of Johnson’s Motel into the Lake Como Sanitary District. Approved 5-0. Cheryl gave the background on the request. Has failing septic system. Plans to keep running the 15 units as is. No one spoke in favor of or against the annexation. Hearing was closed. Order adding territory to Lake Como Sanitary District No. 1 read by Kopecky. Motion (McLernon/Van Lue) to authorize the order adding territory to Lake Como Sanitary District No. 1, Tax Key JG 2100016. Approved 5-0.
Resolution for National Incident Management System needed to get future grant money for training and equipment. Motion (Loomer/Van Lue) to enter into designation of the National Incident Management System as the basis for all incident management in the Town of
Audrey Boss and Joe Mesler of Professional Building Inspections presented a proposal for building inspection services. Ray Norton of Independent Inspections discussed their service with the Town of
Boat Launch Project Change Order No. 2 approved. Change Order No. 4 approved with revisions. Motion (McLernon/Cramer) to approve Phenco’s pay request #4 for $22,342.30. Approved 5-0.
Motion (McLernon/Van Lue) to approve the two Operator Licenses for Bradley Grice and Ashley Klein. Approved 5-0.
Motion (Loomer/McLernon) to adjourn. Approved 5‑0. Next meeting scheduled for October 10, 2005 at 7:00 p.m.
Supervisor McLernon Supervisor Cramer
Supervisor Van Lue Supervisor Loomer
Debra L. Kirch, CMC, Clerk/Treasurer