Selected Meeting Minutes
Town Board Meeting Minutes
Mar 13, 2006
TOWN OF GENEVA
MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
MARCH 13, 2006
Pledge of Allegiance. Chairman Kopecky called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. In attendance were Kopecky, Supervisors Van Lue, McLernon, Loomer, and Cramer. Attorney Torhorst was excused. Clerk/Treasurer Kirch took the minutes of the meeting. Motion (Loomer/Cramer) to approve the February 13, 2006 meeting minutes. Approved 5-0. Motion (Van Lue/McLernon) to approve the Treasurer’s Report as presented. Approved 5-0. Balances reported as of February 28, 2006:
ASSETS FEBRUARY 2006
10003 LGIP Savings 343,980.44 Total Income 523,281.19
10005 Tax Checking Account 151,147.60 Total Expense 402,456.84
10007 Money Market Account 265,899.16 Net Income 120,824.35
10009 Boat Launch Project Ckg Acct 14,686.26
1100-50000241 Regular Checking 220,162.02
Total Checking/Savings 995,875.48
Chairman Kopecky gave the Town of Geneva Planning Commission Report –
· William Loehrer N2957 Marshall Lane. Attorney Timothy Swatek presented two plans for an easement onto Mr. Loehrer’s property. Mr. Loehrer was approved November 14, 2005 for 4 parcels off of Marshall Lane. He never received an easement from the neighbors. The City of Lake Geneva and Walworth County agreed to approve the easement. Motion (McLernon/Loomer) to recommend approval of the second proposal that provides for Lot 1 access directly upon Marshall Lane via an easement which will join the easement for Lot 3 on the South side of Lot 2, and also recommend to the Town to rescind the agreement requiring the driveway to be paved within one year of completion. Approved 5-0.
· Hawk’s View Condominiums – Krueger Road – Current zoning B-5 that requires a conditional use. Bill Henry presented plans for sixteen condominiums that were previously approved with the golf course in 1999. Has applied for a conditional use with the County. Will vote on at the April 3, 2006 meeting.
· Anthony Coletti Paloma/Geneva National Gary Player Golf Course – Attorney Kim Howarth presented plans to amend the conditional use to build 15 single-family homes on the current Gary Player driving range. The zoning is B-5 with a conditional use. The size of the property is 13.11 acres. This property is in the ETZ with Williams Bay. The cul-de-sac width will be 120 feet. Plan approved by the Army Corp of Engineers and the DNR. Motion (Cramer/McLernon) to recommend approval to the County and Williams Bay to amend the conditional use for the Gary Player Golf Course to allow construction of up to 15 single-family homes on 13.11 acres. Approved 5-0. On March 20, 2006 agenda with Williams Bay.
· Geneva Lakes Ford – Bill Henry will present plans. Current zoning B-2 and A-3. The car lot was expanded and grading needs to be completed. Approval is needed from the Town of Geneva, Walworth County, and City of Lake Geneva. Kopecky to forward plans to Baxter & Woodman for approval. Bill reviewed the plan. City of Lake Geneva Planning Commission and City Council have approved. Landscape plan being developed. Motion (Loomer/Cramer) to recommend approval of the site improvement plans (re-grading and landscaping) contingent on final approval by Baxter & Woodman, Town Engineers and Fay Amerson, Walworth County. Approved 5-0. Van Lue to write letter to Bill Henry, Walworth County, and City of Lake Geneva.
· Dan Sojka – Bowers Road – Current zoning A-4 that requires a conditional use. He is requesting to amend the conditional use for an office to be located on the property. Dan plans to build a pole barn 30 feet by 40 feet for office use only. Will vote on at April 3, 2006 meeting.
· Ralph Graber Valley View Farm - Springfield Road. He is requesting a CSM dividing off 3 parcels that are located on Springfield Road and County Road NN. Two lots (#2 and #3) are 5.37 acres each, zoned C-2. The third lot (#1) is 13.04 acres, zoned A-2. Access for Lot 3 was granted off of County Road NN by Walworth County. Access for Lots 1 and 2 off of County NN was denied by Walworth County for safety reasons. Access off of Springfield Road was approved for Lots 1 and 2 by Town of Geneva. Motion (McLernon/Loomer) to recommend approval of the CSM dividing off 3 lots from the Valley View Farm property. Lots #2 and #3 are 5.37 acres and Lot #1 is 13.04 acres. Approved 5-0.
· David and Linda Richardson Remer Road. Current zoning A-1. This property is in the ETZ with Elkhorn. The Richardsons would like to build two more single-family homes on the 5-acre parcel, which already has a home on it. Requesting rezone from A-1 to R-5. Will appear at the April 3, 2006 meeting.
· Warren Hansen – He will present a concept plan for a proposed subdivision called Geneva Springs Subdivision located off of Dell Place. Representing Lynne Fosbinder. Current zoning R-1. Requested zoning R-2. There will be 27 parcels on 13.9 acres. There will be two out-lots for storm water management. Kopecky suggested some of that land would be good for a fire substation. Would have to add to the sanitary district and extend the sewer. Formal presentation at the April 3, 2006 meeting.
· John O’Neill said he was proposing to buy property on Highway 67. He would tear down all existing buildings to create four lots for homes with a cul-de-sac. Property is zoned R-1 and is in the Williams Bay ETZ. Note: Mr. O’Neill has changed his plans and is no longer interested in the property.
· Audrey Boss asked the Commission to review and approve a driveway permit. Will discuss at next Planning Commission meeting and forward to the Town Board.
· Current layout of Maple Tree Farms shown. Board members to review 32 page document of restrictions and covenants.
Kopecky gave the monthly Municipal Court report. Gross Receipts for February 2006 = $27,091.67; Adjusted Gross Receipts for February 2006 = $18,071.28; Net Receipts to the Town after all expenses for February 2006 = $14,150.03. For February: Payments – 212, Citations – 448, Final Disposition – 174.
Commissioner Kirch reported on the February 15 meeting of the Lake Como Sanitary District. Sewer and water laterals for JLCB 02155. Satinwood Road stops at the property line. Need agreement filed with the Register of Deeds that the owner is responsible for lateral maintenance. Construction of sewer/water main extension for Johnson Motel is going smoothly. Looking into the possibility of accepting credit card payments for utility bills. Cost estimate for high-speed internet service was $6,000 to run cable and $312/month. Suggestion of possible wireless internet with IDCnet.net.
Loomer has paperwork for the Lake Geneva Police and Fire Commission if anyone wants to review it. Lake Geneva responded to 3 Fire calls and 2 EMS calls last month. Elkhorn Area Fire Department meeting tomorrow.
Margaret Downing presented 329 signatures requesting a feasibility study on the Town of Geneva converting to village status. This petition is born out of a common concern to protect our borders from annexation and also increase zoning authority. We also request that any tax advantages or negative impact on this proposal be included in the study. Request action on this petition within 90 days. Margaret thanked the people who collected the signatures. Margaret relayed the 10 negative comments and the huge amount of positive comments. Residents want to protect the rural character of the Town of Geneva and are concerned with losing our land. Reasons for becoming a village were discussed. Next step is to look at consulting firms to determine the cost of a study.
Public hearing set for May 8, 2006 on a Petition for Discontinuance of a portion of West Court.
Wastewater facilities plan for South Shore of Lake Como/North Shore of Geneva Lake – Will be able to start process after a final agreement with Interlaken. Interest by Linn Sanitary District to participate in funding part of the study.
Brian Hinrichs, Liesch Environmental, talked to Pat Prahl regarding the Stormwater Planning Grant Application for Geneva National Properties on Lake Como. Town would need to sponsor; Geneva National would pick up costs not covered by the state (the match). Waiting on agreement with Geneva National to cover the match. Same stormwater planning grant application for the South Shore. Will be at the April meeting to give the final numbers. Contract presented for $2,500. 60% funded by the State. Cost to write the grant is 60% reimbursable. Grants are due April 15. Motion (Loomer/Cramer) to give Brian permission to write the grants for Geneva National and the South Shore. Approved 4-0 with 1 Abstention (Kopecky). Proposed study to apply for South Shore boat launch grant money. Chapter 30 permit and application to do improvements to the South Shore launch (soil borings, dredge, launch, parking area). Cost $9,600. Add to April agenda.
Discussed DNR required launch fee for Lake Como. Reviewed previous fees and fees of surrounding municipalities. Non-motorized boats could be launched at the dam for no fee. Two boxes ordered. All fees are to be put towards the lake and launches. Season Pass stickers need to be created. Motion (Cramer/Loomer) to adopt the fees of Resident Town of Geneva - $5, Non-Resident - $6, Resident Season Pass - $25, Non-Resident Season Pass - $35 subject to final review by Cramer and DNR approval. Approved 5-0. Revise Ordinance No. 39.
· Building Inspector, Audrey Boss, received half a dozen complaints on residences. Water problems caused by neighbors. Provided pictures from rental in poor condition on Acacia. Hourly fees of building inspectors come into play when addressing these issues.
· McLernon excused from meetings on April 11.
Motion (Loomer/McLernon) to adjourn. Approved 5‑0.
Supervisor McLernon Supervisor Cramer
Supervisor Van Lue Supervisor Loomer
Debra L. Kirch, CMC/WCMC Clerk/Treasurer
View all from:
Dec 04, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Dec 04, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Nov 13, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Oct 09, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Sep 28, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Sep 18, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Sep 11, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Aug 28, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Aug 14, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Aug 14, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Jul 24, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Jul 06, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Jun 12, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
May 08, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Apr 11, 2006 Annual Meeting Minutes
Apr 11, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Mar 22, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Mar 13, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Feb 13, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Jan 30, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
Jan 09, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes