MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
MAY 14, 2007
Chairman Lauderdale called the meeting to order at 7:01 p.m. In attendance were Lauderdale, Supervisors Van Lue, Kamps, Loomer, Millard, and interim Attorney Harvey. Clerk/Treasurer Kirch took the minutes of the meeting.
Public Comments –
· Gary Cocroft discussed the validity of Board action at April meeting reappointing Planning Commission members. Attorney needs to review and see if there is an issue.
· Ted Peters introduced himself as the Director of the Geneva Lake Environmental Agency. Wanted to bring to the Town’s attention that they are putting together a ground water study. Ted will resend the letter regarding this.
· Scott Letteney discussed the border agreements and incorporation. Reviewed how much area has been taken by annexation. Need to proceed with the incorporation process.
Motion (Van Lue/Loomer) to approve the April 16, April 19, and April 20, 2007 meeting minutes as presented. Approved 5-0. Motion (Loomer/Millard) to approve the Treasurer’s Report as presented. Approved 5-0. Reported on lost room tax revenue. Balances reported as of April 30, 2007:
10003 LGIP Savings 1,333,032.05 Total Income 1,502,549.00
10005 Tax Checking Account 6,951.12 Total Expense 735,043.58
10007 Money Market Account 42,323.03 Net Income 767,505.42
1100 – General Checking 140,359.14
Discussion and possible action on village status tabled until June meeting.
Josh Davenport from Liesch Environmental provided project updates. Permit recently approved by the DNR for the
Discussed separation of attorney duties; prosecutor vs. Town business. Just recently began the separation of duties. Reviewed proposals received. Suggestion made to interview all candidates. Motion (Kamps/Millard) to accept the Wassel, Harvey, & Schuk proposal for both the Town attorney and the prosecuting attorney law firm. Approved 3-2 (Van Lue, Loomer). Motion (Kamps/Millard) to make it a 3-month probationary period for the appointment of the Town Attorney. Approved 5-0.
Supervisor Kamps gave the Town of
· Motion (Van Lue/Loomer) to appoint Kamps as a member of the ETZ with
· Planning Commission members are currently compensated $50 per meeting. Ordinance #53 says no payment. Amendment #53A read. Fee will be set in fee schedule. Motion (Loomer/Millard) to adopt Ordinance #53A as written. Approved 3-0-2 (Van Lue, Kamps abstained). Add fee schedule to June agenda.
· Todd O’Brien provided Preliminary Plat Plans. Reviewed the project. 10.5 Acres zoned R-1. Engineering to review the retention pond. Waiting to hear from the Town engineer. Map provided showing land not within a stream corridor. Approved by
· Discussion of Final Condo Plat for Northwoodside Condominium tabled. Will be decided on at the Planning Commission meeting on May 21.
· Motion (Van Lue/Loomer) to appoint Margaret Downing as the Chairperson of the Citizens Advisory Committee. Approved 5-0. Motion (Kamps/Millard) to appoint Jeff Giovannetti and Jim Thometz as the two additional citizen appointees to work under the direction of Margaret. Approved 5-0. Margaret Downing only candidate in attendance at this meeting.
· Audrey Boss gave her monthly Building Inspector’s Report. Alex Smith said after last meeting that if the soil test locations were shown to him, he would purposely disturb the soil. He will not have the soil tests done. A Condemn to Raze Order will be issued. Will forward new permit apps to Joseph Woynowski,
Committee Reports –
· Police Department – Total incidents for current and previous month were reported. Discussed need for a Police Commission and solicitation of applications. Motion (Van Lue/Kamps) for the Town of
· LGFD minutes from April 5, 2007 were distributed. Outlined the number of fire calls for April and reviewed the roster of firefighter’s response rates. Chief Smith from
· 160 citations were filed with the
· The Hwy Foreman and Town Clerk have submitted a bridge grant application to the State for the bridge on
· Garlic Mustard Fest went very well. Want to appoint Jeanne Widmayer as the new Park Board member. Add to June agenda. Looking at removing buckthorn from the Duck Nature Trail. May need County permits. Town would have to apply for permits and pay fees.
District Manager, Nick Janovski, reported on the April 18, 2007 meeting of the Lake Como Sanitary District. Staff and consultants discussed a number of other possible options to raise revenue for the District, but determined that it appeared that the rate increases as proposed were necessary. Approved the sewer standby charge of $18.48 per month for vacant land. Approved a proposal for the additional repairs which are needed on Well #1. Approved the employment contract for the District Manager and to hire part-time summer help ($10/hr). Also approved the staff evaluation forms for the Utility Clerk, Operators, and Manager. PSC hearing on the new rate code for the District was held on May 7. Will result in a rate and revenue reduction for the water utility. Expect decision sometime this week, or next. Some of the Como Beach Residents in attendance want volunteers to do the duties of the part-time help that was to be hired. Board wants an opportunity to interview the qualified candidates for the LCSD Commission. Motion (Loomer/Van Lue) to table items 11a and 11b until the applicants are interviewed. Approved 5-0. Applicant’s names were read and those in attendance introduced themselves. Interviews to be set for May 21.
Tom Hein requested permission to sell fireworks. Tabled as he was not in attendance.
Discussed a Town Administrator position with the Town of
Loomer wants Bob Cramer appointed to the position as the Board’s
Motion (Van Lue/Kamps) to approve the 8 liquor licenses for Freddie’s West End, Duffy’s Pub & Cottages, Geneva National Community Assoc., Hemingway’s, Hawk’s View Golf Club, Kirsch’s French Country Inn, Sugar Shack, and Geneva National Golf Club with the following two stipulations that all applicants provide the Town with their current Wisconsin Sellers Permit Number, and that all fees and taxes owed to the Town are paid in full. Approved 5-0.
Motion (Kamps/Millard) to approve operator licenses for Samantha Kick, Renae Ajamian, and Dustin Kluck. Approved 5‑0.
Motion (Kamps/Loomer) to adjourn at 9:13 p.m. Approved 5‑0.
Supervisor Kamps Supervisor Millard
Supervisor Van Lue Supervisor Loomer
Debra L. Kirch, CMC/WCMC Clerk/Treasurer