TOWN OF GENEVA
MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
AUGUST 10, 2009
Chairman Lauderdale called the duly posted and noticed meeting to order at 7:03 p.m. In attendance were Lauderdale, Supervisors Fahey, Kukla, Millard, Building Inspector Boss, and Administrator Downing. Attorney Harvey and Supervisor Kamps were excused. Ten people signed the attendance sheet. Clerk/ Treasurer Kirch took the minutes of the meeting. Pledge of Allegiance.
Motion (Kukla/Millard) to approve the minutes from July 13, 2009. Approved 4 0. Motion (Lauderdale/ Millard) to table approval of minutes from the July 30, 2009 meeting until August 25 as agenda incorrectly stated the date as July 28. Approved 4-0. Motion (Millard/Kukla) to approve the Treasurer’s Report as presented. Approved 4 0. Balances reported as of July 31, 2009:
ASSETS JULY 2009
10003 LGIP Savings 902,080.14 Total Income 1,967,177.32
10007 Money Market Account 22,780.62 Total Expense 1,641,521.86
10013 Chase Tax Checking Account 2,899.90 Net Income 325,655.46
10015 Chase High Yield Savings Acct 201,803.35
1100 – General Checking 244,474.57
Total Checking/Savings 1,374,038.58
Motion (Millard/Kukla) to approve bills from 07/11/09 through 08/07/09. Approved 4 0.
Lauderdale read Resolution No. 190 to update the Aquatic Weed Management Plan. Motion (Lauderdale/
Kukla) to approve Resolution No. 190. Approved 4-0. Resolution No. 191 involves a lake planning grant application to plan for long-range projects within the lake’s watershed area. Motion (Lauderdale/Kukla) to deny participation in the lake planning grant application. Approved 4-0.
Dan Baumeister wants to return half of his vacant property on Park Rd. back to its natural state. Ordinance #4 (3)(f) read by Lauderdale. Complaint filed with Police Dept. on ATVs that were trespassing. Motion (Lauderdale/Millard) to deny this request to allow half of his property to go back to its natural state. Approved 4-0. Chief Gritzner to contact.
Administrator’s Report –
• FunFest was held August 1. Huge success. Six boat shuttles. More family friendly this year. Income was down from last year.
• Judge Letteney gave the municipal building progress report. Answering the question on whether or not the Town needs a new municipal building. Focusing on the first three of seven steps; defining the problem. May need professional help on analyzing exactly what we need. Surveying employees. Contacting similar municipal¬ities. Open meetings twice a month, public welcome.
• Attended grant writing seminar in Milwaukee. One of the best she’s ever been to.
Public Comments –
• Dawn Greiner – FunFest was a wonderful time.
Chairman Lauderdale gave the Plan Commission Report –
• Hickory Hills Condominium Documents presented for 39.2 acre property on Krueger Road, zoned R 5. Plat was conditionally approved based on approval of the Condominium Documents, and the Developer’s Agreement. Torhorst wants to change the name of the road Mountainside Lane. Plan Commission unanimously (7-0) recommends approval of the Hickory Hills Condominium Documents in the final packet recorded as presented July 27, 2009. Motion (Lauderdale/Kukla) to approve the Hickory Hills Condominium Documents at the recommendation of the Plan Commission who has reviewed extensively. Approved 4-0.
• Don LoVerde has requested a rezone from R-2 to R-3 for property located at N3442 University Road so the residence can be used as a duplex. Residence was built as a duplex in the 1950’s. Two-family use was approved. Has been used and taxed as a duplex since the 1990’s. Was then made into a 3 unit, instead of a 2-unit. Third unit has been removed. Repair orders written by Building Inspector Boss. Plan Commission unanimously (7-0) recommended approval of this request. Motion (Kukla/ Millard) to approve the rezone from R-2 to R-3, based on the recommendation of the Plan Commis¬sion, for the property located at N3442 University Road, owner Don LoVerde. Approved 4-0.
• The terms for Plan Commission members Schmidt, Anton, Ames, and Olson are up in September. One potential vacancy. Two applications received. Motion (Kukla/Lauderdale) to table until August 25 meeting. Approved 4-0.
• Audrey Boss reported that the Judge reinstated the raze order for the Perez property at W3297 Park Drive. Perez has a couple of weeks to remove any items. Bid notice will be the week of August 24. Walk through of property will be the week of August 31. Building should be taken down between the end of September to the middle of October. Raze orders issued for two other properties; an accessory structure on Tamarack, and a single family home on Mistle. Working on setting up inspections with the owners of dilapidated properties that were approved. Motion (Lauderdale/Kukla) to move Item #15b to before #9. Approved 4-0. In July was contacted by Fire Department on N3297 Hwy H. Issued order of no habitation or use for improper sewer disposal and many life safety issues in that building. Illegally converted to and being used as a duplex. Was zoned for business use. Issued some orders to repair. Need determination from Walworth County of approved use to be able to issue complete orders to repair.
• Move forward with putting bids out to raze the Perez property. Bids to be opened at September 14 meeting. Motion (Millard/Kukla) to solicit bids to raze the Perez property from August 26 to September 11, 2009 at 4:00 p.m. to raze the property at W3297 Park Drive. Approved 4 0.
John’s Disposal has requested an immediate increase in collection fees by $5.00 per residence per year. Currently completing the first year of a five-year agreement. Contract states that the rates are negotiated each year and increases limited to CPI (Consumer Price Index). Motion (Lauderdale/Millard) to table until August 25 meeting. Approved 4-0.
Motion (Lauderdale/Millard) to advertise for a LCSD Board Member (secretary responsible for minutes) until September 11 at 4:00 p.m. To be appointed at September 14 meeting. Term to be stated in notice. Approved 4 0.
Dawn Schiefelbein requested changes to Ordinance #5. Feel that we don’t need to change, but enforce what we have. Motion (Fahey/Kukla) to not make any revisions to Ordinance No. 5. Approved 4-0.
Motion (Lauderdale/Kukla) to table amending Ordinance No. 38 and Resolution No. 151 due to a possible increase in Walworth County dog tag fees. Approved 4-0.
Three-way cost share agreement reached for Weeks Road between Walworth County, Town of Geneva, and the property owner. Motion (Lauderdale/Millard) to approve the cost-share contract as submitted. Approved 4-0.
Motion (Kukla/Millard) to approve original operator licenses for Cheryl Bogard, and John Hetzel; and the renewal operator license for Shawn Haager. Approved 4-0.
Motion (Lauderdale/Kukla) to table the Disallowance of Perez Claim until August 25, 2009 meeting as Attorney Harvey is not in attendance. Approved 4-0.
Motion (Fahey/Kukla) to adjourn at 8:13 p.m. Approved 4 0.
Chairman Lauderdale Supervisor Millard
Supervisor Fahey Supervisor Kukla
Debra L. Kirch, CMC/WCMC Clerk/Treasurer